Thursday 14 March 2013

Industrial Landscapes

This all started while I was having a walk at the harbour and I started watching all these machinery and cranes and ropes and warehouses and metal and, you get the picture. After a while, of course, it all got out of realism and I started creating this labyrinthine and nightmarish atmosphere. I don't know why, but I find these industrial environments mysteriously and creepily charming.

I think you should also check this awesome photo exhibition of Bernd and Hilla Becher. These images were a great inspiration.

I mainly used ink for these, but also pencil, markers and pastels.

(p.s. If you're seeing giraffes in this first sketch you're not the only one and you're not having a problem. But I assure you, these are not giraffes.)




1 comment:

  1. Yes, I see giraffes...lol. These are great. Totally feeling the desolate creepiness. Kind of makes me think, apocalyptic. Also, I love the blending of the colours in the eye. It looks so beautiful beside these other stark images.

    ReplyDelete