Sunday 23 March 2014

Fog

These started as experiments with water colors and ink. I had no idea what I wanted to achieve. Maybe some forms inspired either by microcosmos or macrocosmos, meaning you can either see rivers and lands, or cells and bacteria. These two scales are very alike.

The key was I didn't, actually, want to draw anything, but I rather wanted to let things happen on their own will. For example, you let a blob of ink to fall on wet paper and you watch these unbelievably detailed, coral-like shapes, appear in front of your eyes. And this is really amazing, as I would never be able to imagine and create these forms with my own hand or mind. Human mind is really bad at creating things out of nothing. 


1 comment:

  1. Θυμίζει πανοραμική θέα κάποιου συμπλέγματος εξωτικών νησιών όπου λωρίδες άμμου και τμήματα γης αναδύονται από τη θάλασσα, ένας κοραλλιογενής ύφαλος ή όντως κυτταρικές μορφές. happy little accidents!

    ReplyDelete