Saturday 17 November 2012

Anatomy studies

I was planning to post earlier this week, but, well...unfortunately I got really lazy. Anyway, I won't let this happen again.

Here, I have some anatomy studies. But, before you take a look, let me tell you a little story behind them.

During the last couple of years I've started to get into human drawing a bit seriously. I was trying to capture human beauty, especially the beauty of the female face and body. But my sketches really sucked! I mean they kind of suck now, too. But I came to realize that I miss the basics, the alphabet. And that is human anatomy. It was like trying to play Mozart without learning the notes and everything else, first. So I grabbed the book "Art Anatomy" by William Rimmer, which is a book I highly recommend. Its anatomy sketches feel like they have been taken from a Da Vinci's sketchbook. And I started my anatomy studies. Of course, I start with the face and its composites. So, here are some of my sketches.







And something more complete for the end. This is the poor servant Ruth.


No comments:

Post a Comment