Monday 28 October 2013

Menhir and Dolmen

I had never realized how beautiful these rocks look, until I came to study them while I was designing a large garden pavilion. They give me a sense of stability and durability and strength and they look like they've been standing there forever. I love their monumental size and their curved and smooth forms. The people who built these tombs would be very proud if they knew that the memories of their dead ones are still alive, after thousands of years.

Thanks for passing by, and don't forget to share and join if you like!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome work once again! You should really transcribe your writings inside the sketchbooks for everyone to read! They are really interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Maybe I should do what you suggest. It would save me time from having to think something new to write, with every post. The problem is, these writings are often quite personal. Plus, they need to be translated. But I will think about it..

    ReplyDelete